Destination New Delhi

Blast from past!

I made umpteen number of trips to New Delhi on work in the year 2009 and 2010.But I got only one chance to get away and do some traveling and sightseeing. I have been to Delhi many a times before. This would be a pit stop for my family when we traveled around North India. But i was revisiting this part after 13-14 years. I had very little recollection of this place except what i had seen in my collection of old photographs.


As this was supposed to be an official trip, we stayed at a service apartment in Gurgaon. We did the typical tourist rounds to India gate, Rashtrapathi Bhavan, Connaught place, Lotus temple, Akshardham and of course to Qutb Minar.



Qutb Minar complex was a love at first sight for me. It has one of best maintained grounds and they have audio guides! Audio guide in India!! I was totally impressed. I will let the photographs do the rest of talking.




Words cannot describe Akshardham and unfortunately cameras are not allowed. I would recommend the place be experienced without any inhibition and  the evening be swayed away by the musical fountains against the backdrop of hymns and chants. Unforgettable!
One good place to hang out is Delhi haat. It is a craft and food  bazaar from different states of India. A shopping haven!!

I enjoyed Delhi! Did'nt expect to do that but it did leave me with some wonderful memories.

Location: New Delhi
Date of travel: November 2009

Tip: Try the street food of Delhi
Must do: Qutb Minar and Akshardham
First: Order one dish from each state and have a gastronomical experience!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destination Great Rift Valley

Destination Aihole

Destination Punakha Dzong